- Sleeping bag, pillow and air mattress: During the introduction you will sleep in a sports Center. Although this will be a heated accommodation, you will need a sleeping bag, pillow and something to sleep on, as an air mattress because the floor is not a good option.
- Medication: Please do not forget your medication if you need to take them.
- Money : Please make sure you have enough money with you. It is also possible to pay by card at all the locations.
- Insurance papers: The Lions will make sure to organize the Introduction Week as safely as possible. However, you can never be too careful, so take your insurance papers with you.
- Sport clothes and swim suits: There will be different (water) activities. For this day you will need sports clothes and/or a swim suits. On Friday it will be a swimming pool party (not part of the’ program); swimsuits will be mandatory at this party.
- Passport/identification: In the Netherlands it be obliged by law that you can identify yourself at any given moment. Therefor you will need to take your identification everywhere you go.
- Telephone and Charger: There will be the possibility of charging the phones at the location. However, it would be wise to take a power bank with you.
- Toiletries and Towels: Do not forget your toiletries for the introduction, we cannot provide them for you. Also take enough towels with you for each day. Also keep in mind that there will be a sports day with different (water) activities.
- Rain clothing: We recommend that you take a raincoat with you because, unfortunately the weather in the Netherlands in unpredictable.
- Sun tan lotion: We recommend that you take Sun tan lotion with you.
What not to bring:
- Alcohol: You can get this during the evening activities so there is no need to bring your own.
- Drugs: Drugs are a no-go if you are caught using, dealing or have it in your possession, it will lead to immediate removal from the introduction week! Beside you don’t need this garbage to have a great time ;).
- Glass (with the exception of perfume): You are allowed to bring perfume but other items made of glass are not permitted because this can only cause unnecessary injuries.
- Weapons of any kind: There is no need for bringing this to the introduction week.
- Expensive equipment or jewelry: The organisation is not responsible for damaged items or items that are lost. So if you don’t need it than it is better to leave it at home.
- Friends and family: During the introduction week you will meet a lot of new friends and your new class will feel like family in only matter of time and your Hoppassen will be your mommy and daddy. So we got you covered there.
- Pets: We know that we are going to take you to a jungle full of adventure but this jungle is not a good place for pets. You can however bring your teddy bear or something like that if you want to keep you company during the dangerous nights in the jungle.
And remember: DARE TO DISCOVER!